19 Jun NEWSLETTER: HALF TERM OF THIRD TERM, 2018/2019 SESSION
TRINITY INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE
TRINITY HILLS, OFADA, OGUN STATE
NEWSLETTER: HALF TERM OF THIRD TERM, 2018/2019 SESSION
Saturday, 8th June, 2019
Dear Parents / Guardians.
We thank God for bringing us to the end of first half of third term, 2018/2019 academic session. We are grateful to you, our esteemed parents, for your support and understanding.
The school goes on Mid-term break today, Saturday, 8th June, 2019. Students are expected to resume on Sunday, 16th June, 2019 and be checked in from 12 noon to 5.00 pm, so that parents can leave the compound by 5.30 pm. Strict adherence to this guideline will be highly appreciated.
The Welcome Test and Half Term Test Reports have been included in the pack given to you by the class teachers. The reports are the true reflection of the student’s efforts. Parents/Guardians are therefore encouraged to go through the reports with their children/wards and admonish them to work harder in order to produce better results at the end of the session.
This is to remind parents that the College promotion policy remains the same. The following are the criteria for promotion:
- (a) an average of 65% and above in Junior School
(b) an average of 60% and above in Senior School.
- (a) 65% and above in core subjects including Mathematics and English Language in Junior School.
(b) 60% and above in 6 core subjects including Mathematics and English Language in Senior School.
Promotion to the next class is also cumulative and takes into consideration performance in first, second and third terms.
- The 2019 West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) which started on 8th April, 2019 ended on 31st May, 2019. The students were well prepared for the examination and we are hopeful of excellent results, by God’s grace.
- Cambridge Checkpoint Examination for Basic 9 students took place between 9th and 11th April, 2019. The students were well prepared for the examination hence, we expect heart-warming results.
- The Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) was held from 11th to 14th April, 2019. The results received were very good. Twelve (12) students scored 300 and above. Also, a student who scored 328 out of 400 marks has set new record for the College.
- The Basic Education Certificate Examination (NECO-BECE) for Basic 9 students took place between 25th April and 10th May, 2019. We are hopeful of outstanding results as the students were well prepared for the examination.
- The National Examinations Council (NECO) – Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE) which started on 20th May, 2019 will end on 11th July, 2019. We wish all the students sitting this examination success.
- Ogun State BECE – We are still awaiting the date for the Ogun State BECE. Therefore, Basic 9 students are to resume on Sunday, 16th June, 2019 to start revision and special coaching classes on SS 1 topics and skills acquisition.
TOEFL AUGUST DIET
Registration for the August diet, involving SS 2 students is on-going. The examination comes up on 10th August, 2019. Interested parents can still make payment to the College UBA Account on or before 12th June, 2019.
Parents are reminded to check the school calendar when planning appointments/programmes that will require the pick up of our students and should not see end of examination as end of school term. However, where exeats become inevitable when school is in session, request should get to the school, at least, 72 hours of working days before the date of pick up.
WORK EXPERIENCE PROGRAMME FOR SS ONE STUDENTS
The annual work experience programme of the College will take place from Monday, 29th July to Friday, 9th August, 2019, for the current Senior Secondary School One (SS 1) students transiting to SS 2 in 2019/2020 academic session. Letters of introduction with assessment forms have already been issued out to parents. Parents are expected to fix up their wards and send the address of the organization to the following numbers: 07032171277, 08032185062, 08034971321.
FLIGHT SCHEDULE FOR STUDENTS OUTSIDE LAGOS AXIS
Kindly be reminded that there will be no more first flights when students are going home for breaks and vacations. On returning, flight-bookings should be between 9 am and 12:30 pm. The College buses will leave the airport between 1pm and 2 pm.
PARENT-TEACHER ASSOCIATION (PTA) MEETING
The PTA meeting will come up on Sunday, 30th June, 2019 in the College Hall at 2.00 pm. Parents are to send in their questions and contributions on or before Friday, 14th June, 2019 via e-mail to PTA Secretary. (email@example.com).
GRADUATION LECTURE/VALEDICTORY SERVICE
The Graduation Lecture for SS 3 students comes up on Thursday, 18th July, 2019 while the Graduation/Valedictory Service comes up on Friday, 19th July, 2019. All parents are cordially invited to the two occasions.
REQUEST FOR STUDENT’S TRANSCRIPT
Request for transcripts should be made directly to the Principals and should get to them at least 5 working days before the day of pick up.
This is to inform you that limited spaces exist for students willing to join the College in SS one and Basic 8 next session. We can also accommodate those who want to come into Junior Secondary School one (Basic 7). Parents of children willing to seize this opportunity should contact the Principals and prepare the children for the transfer/entrance examination that will take place on Saturday, 27th July, 2019.
HYMN BOOKS AND BIBLES
All students should return to school with their Bibles and Hymn books.
PAYMENT OF SCHOOL FEES
We appeal to all our esteemed parents to pay all outstanding school fees on or before Saturday, 15th June, 2019. Students with outstanding school fees will not be allowed into the College premises on the day of resumption.
We appreciate your cooperation, understanding and constructive criticisms. God bless you.
Mrs. O. R. Adeyemo Mr. S. A. Olajide
Principal, Senior School Principal, Junior School
NOTE: Please, find below the school calendar for the second half of Third Term 2018/2019 session
|3RD TERM – SECOND HALF OF TERM||SATURDAY, 1 5TH JUNE TO FRIDAY, 19TH JULY, 2019|
|RESUMPTION/OPEN DAY||SUNDAY, JUNE 16, 2019|
|RESUMPTION DAY FOR BASIC 9 STUDENTS||SUNDAY, JUNE 16, 2019|
|VISITING DAY/ PTA MEETING||SUNDAY, JUNE 30, 2019|
|THIRD TERM EXAMINATION||MONDAY, JULY 1 – TUESDAY, JULY 9 , 2019|
|CULTURAL DAY||MONDAY, JULY 15, 2019.|
|END OF SESSION VIGIL/PRAISE NIGHT||TUESDAY, JULY 16, 2019.|
|GRADUATION LECTURE/PRIZE GIVING DAY||THURSDAY, JULY 18, 2019.|
|VALEDICTORY SERVICE/GRADUATION CEREMONY/END OF SESSION||FRIDAY, JULY 19, 2019.|
|CAMBRIDGE/WASSCE EXTENSION CLASSES||SUNDAY, JULY 28 – FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 6, 2019|
WORK EXPERIENCE PROGRAMME FOR CURRENT SS1 STUDENTS GOING TO SS2 WILL TAKE EFFECT FROM MONDAY, JULY 29 TO FRIDAY, AUGUST 9, 2019.